What is in your blog entrée?
Did you know that blogs can be a very successful marketing tool if done the right way? Blogs have made a grand entrance into the marketing realm. Blogs are just like cooking. It is critical that each blog contains the following ingredients: CONTENT, DISTRIBUTION, AND FREQUENCY. Just like any dish, your blog needs to be presented in an appealing way. It may be tasty but if it is not presented right it will not be successful.
All popular blogs have only one thing in common and that is individuality. The voice of your blog is critical and it will either make or break your blog success.
The 5 Rules to remember when creating a blog are:
- Does your blog have a personality? Let your voice shine through. Don’t lecture-you know that is extremely boring.
- Consistency is everything. Be consistent in your blogging posts. Create a schedule and be sure to follow it. Try to post a blog at least three times a week and if time permits every other day.
- Is your blog too long or too short? The key is to keep it simple. It is not about the quantity it is all about the quality. Make them interesting and not too long. Writing for the web means you are writing for scanners. Remember to use sub-heads, bullets, short paragraphs, and visuals.
- How involved is your audience? Always allow comments because readers need to interact with you.
- Why is the tittle so important? Your tittle must be creative. Tittles draw traffic. Not only do they capture the attention of potential readers, but are the search engine’s best friend. Your title should never be more than 10 words.
Keep your blogs fresh and remember that blogging is just like cooking. If your entrée does not have the right ingredients it will not be tasty and if it is not presented well nobody will try it. Update your blogs several times a week and touch on a variety of toppings….. or topics I should say
How tasty is your blog?